Bebop 2, the first "leisure drone" in Windform GT
16 June 2016
The body, built with Selective Laser Sintering technique, combines excellent aesthetic results in excellent resistance to impact and temperature changes.
Reinforced composite materials that were used in the construction of on-car and wind tunnel parts and components for racing teams have taken the technology of 3D Printing to new heights to produce parts for the entertainment industry and consumers.
Parrot Bebop 2 combines robustness and reliability in a lightweight and compact drone.
Parrot has developed the final Bebop 2 version with the help of Windform GT material.
The first Bebop 2 structure was built on injected parts made with polyamide based glass reinforced composite material.
Then Parrot moved to SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) technology in collaboration with CRP Technology in order to optimize the structure performance without developing long lead time and high cost injection tooling, accelerate iteration generation, improve manufacturing time, facilitate production in series.
The Bebop 2 parts in Windform GT are the main structure (central body) and all singles arms.
Parrot has established that the natural frequencies of the parts made with Windform GT were quite similar to those of parts obtained by injection molding technique applied to glass fiber reinforced polyamide.
Parrot validated that natural frequencies of parts manufactured with Windform GT material were similar to injected parts with polyamide based glass reinforced composite material. Combined to FE analysis Parrot has reduced dramatically the development time.
Windform GT proved the only material for 3D Printing technologies able to overcome the accidental fall of tests carried out by Parrot's technicians.
Parrot highlights others advantages obtained with Additive Manufacturing and Windform GT material: make small batches of production with acceptable mechanical properties to provide functional products to the team (i.e. very helpful to develop others product’s functionalities like flying performances), good aesthetics feature.
news 2018 Archive
- Windform materials at Eurosatory 2018
- Windform materials withstand ultraviolet exposure
- Windform has passed the flammability UL 94 HB test
news 2017 Archive
- New dealer agreement with LSS Laser-Sinter-Service GmbH
- CRP Technology and Windform guest at Milan Design Week 2017
- Here's Windform RL, the first thermoplastic elastomer material in Windform family
news 2016 Archive
- CRP Technology unveils Windform FX BLACK
- Bebop 2, the first "leisure drone" in Windform GT
- New international resounding success for WINDFORM 3D Printed masks
- Windform materials at JEC World 2016
- Windform materials at the 2nd IAA Latin American CubeSat Workshop
news 2015 Archive
- Windform materials on stage at CES 2016
- Windform materials at the 3rd IAA Conference on CubeSats
- Windform 3D Printing at the Grand Pavois with Livrea26
- New achievements for Windform materials
- 2015: 20 years of Additive Manufacturing and 10 years of Windform XT
- Windform materials at Interzum 2015
- Windform 3d-printed orthotics on Mashable
- Windform at AMUG 2015
- Windform has passed skin tests
- Windform materials at Milan Design Week 2015 with Mater and Livrea26
- EasyStand: The first 3D-Printed Skiboot Prototype in Windform SP
- The new face of Additive Manufacturing
- Windform 3D-printed yacht on display at Compotec
news 2014 Archive
- Futuristic racquet produced with Windform, 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing
- Windform parts on display at the boat show of the Maryland
- Windform prototypes on display at Maker Faire New York
- Windform GT to create orthosis
- Windform XT 2.0 to build the 3D-printed boat
- Windform LX 2.0 has passed the CTI test
news 2013 Archive
- Windform launches into orbit on KySat-2
- Windform materials on stage at the design venue in Leipzig
- The Windform materials at Maker Faire Rome
- Windform on stage at the Festival Filosofia
- Save the Date. Destination United States
- Windform Laser Sintering materials have passed outgassing screening at NASA
- CRP Group expands custom production
- The generative design starts from Windform materials and 3D Printing
news 2012 Archive
- CRP Group at Autosport International
- New material for 3D printing
- CRP Technology goes on in the innovation
- The new material Windform GT
- Mercedes AMG PETRONAS uses Windform XT 2.0 for its Additive Manufacturing Department
news 2011 Archive
- Windform GF 2.0 is here
- The new service of metallization and painting
- CRP Technology and the satellite in Windform protagonists at SAE International Congress
- Windform materials at Laguna Seca with eCRP
- 3DSUG 2011 with CRP USA
- WINDFORM XT 2.0 is the new material
- Windform XT for CubeSat